Pages

Thursday, April 3, 2014

The Liebster Blog Award



Hey everyone,I have been nominated for The Liebster Award by Hagar Mansour @  The Serial Book Lover  and Obsessive Compulsive Reader.A big THANKS to them for nominating me for the award and this is for both of you..






 Liebster Award  is designed as an opportunity for smaller blogs to get some love and recognition.

RULES:

  • List 11 facts about yourself
  • Answer the 11 questions asked by whoever nominated you
  • Ask 11 new questions to 9 bloggers with less than 200 followers. You cannot re-nominate the blog that nominated you
  • Go to their blog and tell them they have been nominated!

11 Facts About ME..

  • I am an 19 year old Indian who is currently pursuing her B TECH in Chemical Engineering.
  • I am a Virgo and therefore highly curious and in constant lookout for information for even the most insignificant things.
  • I have a course certificate on Kathak,which is an Indian classical dance.
  • Person of Interest,Castle,Friends and The Big Bang Theory are my all time favorite sitcoms and I prefer the Idiot Box to a Cinema hall.
  • I love trashy romance novels which do not make any sense at all.
  • I am a Foodie and love spicy food.The more spicier,the more better for me.
  • I review books on other blogs too like Harlequin Junkie from time to time.
  • My ideal book boyfriend needs to remind me of BATMAN..!!!(Ya,I know its crazy).
  • I hate cats because I am little superstitious by nature.So,Friday the 13th appears downright scary to me.
  • I am a night person 
  • I did not like 50 shades of Grey


Questions from Hagar @  The Serial Book Lover


If you could switch lives with any book character, who would you pick?
Hermione from Harry Potter.
How do you usually get your books (ie - online, library etc)?
Online mostly.

What book made you really angry?

There are so many but I'll go with 50 Shades of Grey and Taking Chances by Molly Adams

If you could live in any fictional world, which one would you live in?
The world of Harry Potter.
What book would you like seen transferred to TV/Film?

Any book by Stephan Hawking and Nora Roberts.


What is your favourite book to movie adaptation?
Harry Potter and the Philosopher's stone.


If you had to listen to one song for the rest of your life, what song would you pick?
I love my Bollywood songs so all my favourite songs are in Hindi.A Thousand Years by Christina Perri is my favourite english song.So I'll go with all the old bollywood songs and A Thousand Years by Christina Perri.

What are your favourite TV shows?

Castle,The Big Bang Theory,HIYM(except the finale) and tons of hindi soap opera.

What are your thoughts on the New Adult genre?

It could stop being repetitive and the characters could do with a little less baggage.


What book/tv/movie character death did you not agree with?

The Mother death in HIMYM and Chance' death in Taking Chances by Molly Adams

What is your favourite book cover?

Questions From Obsessive Compulsive Reader


1) Favourite place(s) to read

Bed..!!

2) Bookshops vs library: which do you visit more often? Do you prefer buying or borrowing books?

Library.I prefer borrowing books.

3) Do you notate your books or keep them clean and pristine?

I only write on the first page regarding where and when I bought it or who gave me the book.I keep 
the rest pages clean and pristine.

4) Who's your favourite artist/painting?

Starry Night by Van Gogh 

5) Do you know a second language? If so, which one? If not, which one would you want to learn?

Ya, I know Hindi,Oriya and Sanskrit.

6) Who's your celebrity crush?

Leonardo Dicaprio and Jensen Ackles

7) Besides reading and blogging, what else do you like to do in your spare time?

Dancing,singing and surfing the net

8) Do you also write? If so, which genre?

No,I am not that good in writing.

9) Are you a coffee or tea person?

Coffee anytime

10) When you are having a bad day, what do you do to destress?

Sleep or read a novel

11) If you suddenly received a monetary windfall (say $1000), what would you do with it?

I'll invest the half and spend the other half on cool gadgets.

Questions from Me

  1. What  are your interests apart from Reading.?
  2. Are you a morning or night person.?
  3. The series with whom you share a love and hate relationship?
  4. Your favourite book boyfriend?
  5. Batman or Superman?
  6. Young Adult or New Adult?
  7. How did you start Blogging?
  8. Your worst nightmare?
  9. What's your favourite genre?
  10. Do you prefer desserts or spicy food
  11. Sweet and Diplomatic Reviews or Snarky and Straightforward Reviews?

My Nominees..!!

Monique @ Mo_Books
Kristen @ Pretty Little Pages

3 comments:

  1. Hey Isha.. Congrats!!!
    I never realized we had so much in common, I always thought that hindi soap operas and novels are the only common things with but, no I was so wrong... :-*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Anubha..the award is for both of us and more to you coz u came with the blog idea..So Congrats to u too awesome co blogger..:*

      Delete
  2. Thanks Ipshita for nominating me..:)
    Here is my acceptance post: http://njkinny.blogspot.in/2014/04/the-liebster-award.html


    -Njkinny @ Njkinny's World of Books

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear from the visitors... :D

 
Design by Imagination Designs
Artwork by www.createthecut.com