Pages

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Review: Amy, My Daughter by Mitch Winehouse

Amy, My DaughterAmy, My Daughter by Mitch Winehouse
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I first heard about Amy Winehouse when Rehab became a world wide hit and won three Grammy Awards.The second time she came into spotlight in my country was when she died and the media was screaming about Club 27.Both the instances had me searching the whole net and as I don't live anywhere near US,my quest to find more about Amy made me read this book

You can go to Wikipedia and do a full Google search on Amy but they can't give you the full picture.Therefore I was looking forward to know the Amy which a father knew and I was surprised by the portrait he painted and how different was it from what I read on the net.The best parts were the childhood moments,where you get to know so many new things about her like her constant changes of school.The book mainly deals with her fight with the addiction which ultimately won in the end and the reader gets to know how a father watched his daughter go through hell and how the songs have a strong connection to whatever she faced.

Mitch Winehouse is a father and I have to admit that a father tends to be a little biased towards his daughter and some instances in the bio did not convince me like when he says Amy was 'unaffected' by his divorce from her mother and I find it very hard to believe after reading the book.Amy was not born the way she finally ended up and whatever she became was because of the situations she faced and the people she met.Deep down she was a nice person and yes she had her faults but she was not a bad person.

Follow on Bloglovin

Buy Link:
India

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear from the visitors... :D

 
Design by Imagination Designs
Artwork by www.createthecut.com